Black Pearls of Genealogy
Topics you can find on this site? To View Topics See Menu...
- Information about the Non-Profit Black Pearls of Genealogy
- Beginners Guide
- Cemetery and Burial Site Projects
- Death Certificates
- Events and Social Media
- Finding the Enslaved
- Freedman's Bank Records
- Freemen's Bureau
- Identifying The Slave Owners Directly
- Native/Indian American
- Next Generation
- Researching by State
- Research Tools
- Suggested Reading
- Tax Records
- Underground Railroad
At Black Pearls of Genealogy, our profound commitment is to honor, recognize, and pay tribute to the lives, contributions, and legacies of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). Our history, rich with tales of resilience, perseverance, and strength, has often been overshadowed by marginalization, neglect, and intentional erasure. We are dedicated to the rectification of these historical injustices, acknowledging the unwavering spirit of BIPOC individuals and communities that have impacted the fabric of the United States.
1. Historical Recognition: To actively identify and highlight significant local historical events that have profoundly shaped and influenced BIPOC communities. These events, while not always given the attention they deserve, form the core of our nation's history and have left indelible marks on our collective consciousness.
2. Memorial Tribute: In our quest to ensure that these crucial events do not fade into oblivion, we will be placing memorials at identified historical locations throughout the United States. These memorials will serve as everlasting reminders of the events, the people, and the sacrifices made. They will be a testament to our shared history, ensuring that future generations are educated, informed, and inspired.
3. Honoring the Enslaved, Free People of Color, and USCT: Apart from marking significant events, we are also dedicated to recognizing and honoring the formerly enslaved and members of the United States Colored Troops (USCT). Memorials will be placed in their memory, signifying the invaluable role they played in shaping the nation.
Through the combined efforts of community collaboration and historical restoration, we envision a nation where the contributions and sacrifices of BIPOC communities are recognized, celebrated, and honored. We strive to ensure that the stories of our ancestors are not just a footnote in history but are celebrated as pivotal chapters that have defined the American narrative.
By creating a landscape dotted with these tributes, we aspire to spark conversations, foster understanding, and promote unity. The Black Pearls of Genealogy is not just about recognizing the past; it's about shaping a more inclusive and respectful future.
Your support and collaboration are invaluable to us as we embark on this journey of remembrance and acknowledgment. Together, we can create a legacy that future generations can look back on with pride and reverence.
We cover all 50 states
Our supplier has two strategic distribution centers and six regional managers to assist in every step of the way. We feel that each family deserves peace of mind, and every ancestor is worthy of recognition, dignity, and honor.
BPOG will cater to all 50 states, consistently delivering high-quality granite memorials which exhibit exceptional craftmanship combining meticulous design, sandblasting, laser engraving, and etching. Prompt timelines are attained, without compromising the quality of the stones.
Why do we use a cross for our memorial?
My intent is to have the memorial and headstones stand as an enduring symbol of our shared belief that all here are sacred, and in a sacred place. Regardless of what state or country you may belong to or visit, a cross is a symbol that signifies that a person has passed away.
This memorial will be installed in the resting place when there are multiple graves in a single location.
Headstones and monuments will be tracked with Google Maps and Quick Response Code (QR Code)
Each QR Code will direct the user to a Wikitree profile.
Wikitree is a community of genealogists connecting the human family on one FREE and accurate tree using traditional genealogy and DNA testing.
The QR Code allows family members as well as researches to add additional information to their profile.
Show your support through financial donations and help preserve our history.
“We need your help to continue pursuing our mission. Your individual donating will help by bringing closure to family members.
While we are making great strides with this important, large-scale undertaking, there is still a lot to accomplish. We respectfully request your contribution to this noble effort. Our 2023 goal is to raise $30,000.
Your donation or endowment will not simply provide grave markers. Your contribution will help locate, identify, catalog, and restore the last footprint of our ancestors’ existence.
“We need your help to continue pursuing our mission. Your donation will help bring closure to family members.”
- David Anthony Taylor, Executive. Director